Friday, January 27, 2012

Peruvian Style Chicken with Sweet Onions

My Mom sent a care package a week ago, an inside were some amazing recipes for Kayla and I to try! The last post was our first attempt, and this post was what I made for dinner tonight! I have to say, it may be a little spicy for Kayla's sensitive pallet. Not to mention, she hates peppers. So I opted to try this one out while she was working.

I really liked it! I could definitely tinker with the spices and get a few different flavors going. Perhaps switching up the veggies and a spice would make an entire different meal! My favorite part was using my hands to mix the spice paste with the onions and rub on the chicken... my finger-painting kindergarten self was quite content.

Time: 10 minutes to prep, 45 to cook
Calories: 250
Servings: 2
Ingredients:
  1 sliced lemon
  1.5 tsp oil
  1.5 Tbs paprika
  1 T cumin
  1.5 tsp sea salt
  1.25 tsp black pepper
  1 red pepper, 1 orange pepper, chunked
  5 cloves finely chopped garlic
  2.5 Tbs white wine vinegar
  1 large sweet onion, sliced thick
  2 chicken breasts
Directions
1) Preheat oven to 425. Combine paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, and oil in a small bowl.
2) Place onions in a bowl and toss with 2 Tbs of the paste. Rub the chicken with the remaining paste.
3) Place chicken in an oiled roasting pan. Cover with onions and peppers and lemon.
4) Cook for 45 minutes and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment