Friday, February 10, 2012

Uvas Canyon

Another day off, another hike down.  This time, I decided that I wanted to see waterfalls.  After a little bit of research, I found a nice secluded county park about 30 miles from our apartment.  Even though our rainy season has been anything but rainy, there was still a plethora of picturesque falls and cascades to admire.  Along with moss. Lots of moss. 

These were the only people I saw all day.

Moss and ferns galore.

The trail followed this little creek/constant cascade up the canyon walls.



I'd really like to come back when the waterfalls are bigger.




There's a creek in those rocks somewhere.

The trail also had some nice peekaboo views of the surrounding canyon walls

Bendy trees.


Spectacular lunch spot.

I huffed and puffed my way up a rather large hill to get to this "waterfall." Disappointed? Slightly. Regretful? Absolutely not.

1 comment:

  1. such beautiful pictures kayla! i hope you get to go back here when the waterfalls are "full" and flowing!! i think i will have to get ready for some hiking and tackle one of these trips with you guys on my next visit out there!! better start prepping now or i could be in trouble!!

    ReplyDelete